Blue Water Corgis

Blue Water Corgis
Beau Geste, Maxwell and Elizabeth

Friday, March 9, 2012

Biggest Loser "GUS of California"

I read about this corgi on the Warming Glow "Corgi Friday" site.  In this picture he was 78 pounds.
This can happen so easily with this breed, they are non-stop eaters.  It is very important to watch their weight because of the long back.  This picture was taken in 2008.  The average male will weigh 28-30 and female 26-28.  The good news is Gus now weighs 34 pounds. the next picture was taken in 2010.
He looks happy and healthy.  I love the bandana around his neck. So no matter how much begging they do and give you the sad eyes, that say we are starving to death!  They really are not and will live longer and healthier lives if you and I do mean you the human maintain the amount of food they get on a daily basis.  With our two I have been giving them green beans and carrots as snacks.  Beau weighs 30 pounds at almost 2 years.  The vet would like to see a couple of pounds off of him.  Maxwell weighs 26 pounds at 1 year.  We will work on keeping him around this weight, though I think as he starts to fill out, he will gain a couple of more pounds.  It is a daily struggle for me to not overfeed them because I cannot resist their sweet faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment